Prepare for America's Top Universities!!
AIO Prep Academy's 9–12 education features a college preparatory private school curriculum that is fine-tuned to launch each student into a successful future. While Math, Science, English, and Social Studies form the core of the high school curriculum, AIO Prep Academy powered by the Pearson Online Classroom platform also offers a wide variety of online courses that provide a solid foundation for whatever path graduates choose: attending college or starting a career.
Virtual High School Courses
To make sure that the graduating class of seniors is well prepared for the transition out of virtual high school, AIO Prep Academy powered by the Pearson Online Classroom platform provides the following in addition to a college preparatory high school curriculum:
· College Planning Club to help students develop a portfolio that focuses on elements sought by college admissions committees
· Access to full-time, certified school counselors
· Assistance in creating a four-year academic plan
§ Guidance in finding appropriate college or career opportunities
§ University application process LiveLesson® online workshops, including information on local colleges/universities
§ Financial aid and scholarship LiveLesson online workshop. University and career planning.
We offer in-depth support to ensure that students understand the AIO Prep Academy/Pearson Online Classroom platform graduation requirements
· Core and Elective Courses: Our inclusive set of core high school courses covers subjects in math, science, English, and social studies. We also offer many elective courses in areas such as foreign languages, digital technology, journalism, and art history.
· Honors and Advanced Placement® (AP®) Courses: Our honors/AP courses are particularly beneficial for college-bound students or any ambitious student who wishes to demonstrate mastery in a specific subject area.
· College Courses: Through our College Acceleration programs, students have the opportunity to take college courses while still in high school, earning a dual degree (associate’s degree and high school diploma) or dual credits toward a bachelor’s degree and their high school diploma.
· NCAA-Approved Courses: Many of our core high school courses are approved for use towards gaining initial eligibility by the NCAA Eligibility Center. International Student athletes wanting to participate in NCAA Collegiate Athletics now have a path by studying a curriculum and completing NCAA course requirements and receiving their High School Diploma from our academic curriculum partner Pearson Online Academy.
Interacting in a Virtual Classroom.
Student interaction is a critical part of the overall educational process for online high schools. While most of the instruction supports anytime, anywhere learning, students also participate in a live online classroom environment through LiveLesson® technology. This is also the technology students use to turn in homework assignments and securely track their own progress.*
To verify learning, teachers conduct curriculum-based assessments by phone for all core courses. This assessment must be completed prior to the end date of each course and is required for a student to receive course credit. Students who do not complete the curriculum-based assessment call will not earn course credit.
Note: *Participation in our online environment requires appropriate computer equipment and Internet access. Before continuing with the enrollment process, please review the technology requirements