Prepare for America's Top Universities!!
Prepare for America's Top Universities!!
Last Updated: January, 6 2021
Applicable To All Users
Acceptance of Terms
Any 3rd Party Content uploaded or otherwise made available by a 3rd Party is and remains the sole property of the 3rd Party or the 3rd Party licensors. By uploading or otherwise making available any 3rd Party Content, you automatically grant and/or warrant that the owner has granted AIOPA, the perpetual royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, publish, distribute, display, and transmit the 3rd Party Content through the channel into which you have uploaded or authorized AIOPA to upload the 3rd Party Content. You also permit any User of Connexus with access to that channel, subject to your restrictions, to access, view, store, and reproduce the 3rd Party Content to the same extent permitted herein. To the extent provided for in the specific terms of the governing agreement between AIOPA and 3rd Party, 3rd Party Content may be removed, obscured, altered or modified by the 3rd Party, subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein with respect to the use of Connexus.
Connexus® is to be used for the purpose of accessing the education program licensed by or for the benefit of the User(s). AIOPA grants the User the non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to access, visit, use, view, and print the Content, solely for the User's own personal non-commercial use in connection with such education program, provided the User keeps intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Use of the Content or materials for any purpose not expressly permitted in these Terms is prohibited.
Users may not (1) remove, obscure, or alter the Content in any way except as agreed to in writing by AIOPA, (2) use Connexus® in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Connections server or the network(s) connected to any AIOPA server, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of Connexus®, 3) gain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to any AIOPA server through hacking, password mining, or any other means, or 4) obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through Connexus®.
Any use of Connexus for the following purposes is strictly prohibited. By using Connexus®, you agree that you will NOT
· Send, receive, or display pornographic, obscene, sexually explicit material, or any material harmful to minors
· impersonate any person or entity (through the use of their password or other means), including any employee or representative of AIOPA
· copy or distribute content included in Connexus® (including postings on the Message Boards, WebMail messages, or curriculum materials, including answer keys) without the owner's permission
· solicit or collect information about the Users or members of this site, especially for the purpose of transmitting, or facilitating transmission of, unsolicited or bulk electronic email or communications
· use the school-provided communication services in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk e-mail, spamming, or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise)
· upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property
· solicit or collect personal information (including name, address, and phone number) from anyone under eighteen (18) years of age without verified parental consent
· display threatening or offensive material, including using swear words, offensive, vulgar, or obscene language
· display racist, prejudiced, or discriminatory messages or pictures
· violate any state or federal law
· reveal another User's or a minor's personal address, phone number, or similar information to others without their consent or verified parental consent
· violate any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property laws or otherwise use intellectual property of another individual or entity without the owner's permission—this includes providing links to and including other copyrighted or trademarked material from third parties in Connexus® (including posting on the Message Boards or in WebMail messages) without permission as well as using any trademarks, service marks, or other marks in social media or other websites without the owner's permission
· trespass in another's folders, work, or files
· promote commercial activities except as agreed to in writing by AIOPA
· advertise products or services or engage in political lobbying
· defame, harass, insult, abuse, stalk, threaten, attack, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as privacy and publicity) of another person or interfere with another person's work, including, but not limited to, sending unwanted WebMail messages or e-mail
· provide material support or resources to (or conceal the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources of) any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Each User will have a user name and password (the "Log-in Information") for the purpose of accessing Connexus® and the Content. Users must keep all Log-in Information strictly confidential, and all Log-in Information may be used only by the assigned User. Users are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of all Log-in Information and for preventing access to Connexus®and/or the Content by unauthorized persons using a User's Log-in Information. Users are responsible for any and all activities that occur under their account. Users must notify Connections immediately of any unauthorized use of their account or any other breach of security. Notwithstanding the foregoing, certain employees of Connections will be permitted to "log in as" someone other than themselves, after receiving the approval of their supervisor and undergoing specific training.
The User acknowledges and agrees that certain of the information available in Connexus® is protected by various copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other intellectual property rights and laws and may only be used as permitted by law and with the permission of the owner. Except as expressly authorized by Connections, Users may not sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit, or create derivative works from or otherwise exploit the Content or features in Connexus® in any form or medium. Users are fully responsible for their own use and for ensuring such use does not infringe on the rights of AIOPA or third parties. In addition to potential legal action, any unauthorized use including copying or reposting of Connections or third-party intellectual property may result in one or more of the following: termination of access to Connexus®, school-based disciplinary action, and/or removal from the school, course offering or program of study.
Content is owned or controlled by AIOPA or the third party credited as the provider of the Content, and its contents may not be copied, reproduced, distributed or modified in any way without the express written consent of Connections. If you have any copyright concerns about any materials posted on Connexus® by others, please let us know. We comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act applicable to Internet service providers (17 U.S.C. 512). Unless otherwise stated in any specific DMCA designation provided by Connections, please provide us with written notice ("Notice") by contacting our Designated Agent at email@example.com.
To be effective, the Notice must include the following:
· A physical or electronic signature of the owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner, ("Complaining Party") of an exclusive right that is allegedly being infringed upon;
· Information reasonably sufficient to permit AIOPA to contact the Complaining Party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address;
· Identification of the allegedly infringing material on Connexus®("Infringing Material"), and information reasonably sufficient to permit AIOPA to locate such material on Connexus®;
· Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed upon ("Infringed Material"), or if multiple copyrighted works on Connexus® are covered by a single Notice, a list of each copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (please be specific as to which Infringing Material is infringing on which Infringed Material);
· A statement that the Complaining Party has a good faith belief that use of Infringing Material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
· A statement that the information in the Notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the Complaining Party is the owner or is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Connexus® may contain links to other websites or other resources that are provided for the User's convenience. Unless otherwise noted, these linked sites are not under the control of AIOPA and AIOPA is not responsible for the content available on third-party-linked sites. AIOPA makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any third-party websites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to Connexus®. A link to a website does not mean that AIOPA endorses the content, the website owner or use of such website. In addition, AIOPA is not a party to or responsible for any transactions the User may enter into with third parties, even if the User learns of such parties (or uses a link to such parties) from Connexus®. Accordingly, the User acknowledges and agrees that AIOPA is not responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources, except where specifically contracted for, and is not responsible or liable for any content, services, products, or other materials on or available from those websites or resources.
AIOPA controls and operates Connexus® from its headquarters in the United States and makes no representation that the Content is appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use Connexus® from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with applicable state and federal laws, including, but not limited to, export and import control laws and regulations of the United States. No software from this site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or connecting to Connexus®, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
Termination of Use
If the User violates these Terms, the User may be barred from future use of Connexus® and/or subject to legal action. Cause for such suspension, termination and/or deletion shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of the Terms, or of other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions), (d) discontinuance or material modification of Connexus® (or any part thereof), (e) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, (f) extended periods of inactivity, and/or (g) engagement by you in fraudulent or illegal activities. Termination of your account may include (x) removal of access to all offerings within Connexus®, (y) deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof), and (z) barring of further use of Connexus®. Further, you agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in AIOPA sole discretion and that AIOPA shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your account, or access to Connexus®.
Additional Terms Applicable to the Connections Community of Schools, Including All Nexus Schools, Only
WebMail, Message Boards, and Other Communication Services
AIOPA offers an internal email system, AIOPA WebMail, through Connexus, as a service to certain Users in connection with those education programs that provide for webmail service. Webmail allows those Users to interact with other Webmail Users. AIOPA cannot guarantee the security of any information that such Users disclose in WebMail messages, and the Users do so at their own risk. Sent WebMail messages are accessible only to the author and recipients, as well as other authorized personnel for the purpose of maintaining system integrity and to ensure that Users are acting responsibly and legally as required by these Terms. WebMail messages are also not guaranteed to be private and may be monitored. Messages relating to or in support of illegal or obscene activities or that otherwise violate these Terms may be reported to the appropriate authorities and may result in the loss of privileges, removal from the User's respective education programs, and/or legal action.
AIOPA also operates academic Message Boards located within Connexus®to facilitate the exchange of ideas, information, and opinions between Users whose respective education program provides access to Message Boards. These Users may only use the Message Boards for structured clubs, activities, and other educational uses as specified by each school department and as described on each Message Board. The Message Boards contain contributions that represent only the opinions of their respective authors and do not express the opinions of AIOPA. Use of the Message Boards is subject to the rules governing their use as provided when accessing them (see also the Links section below).
In addition to the WebMail system and the Message Boards, AIOPA may from time to time offer chat areas and/or other message or communication functionality designed to enable Users to communicate with others (each a "Communication Service" and collectively "Communication Services"). The User agrees to use Communication Services only in compliance with these Terms and as described on each Communication Service to post, send, and receive messages and materials that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular Communication Service.
Any information that you submit to be posted to a Message Board or other Communication Service will be disclosed and available to all Users of that Communication Service and is, therefore, no longer private. We cannot guarantee the security of such information that you disclose or communicate online in public areas, and you do so at your own risk. AIOPA does not control or endorse the content, messages, or information found in any Communication Service; therefore, AIOPA Connections specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from a User's participation in any Communication Services. All participants acknowledge that any reliance upon such content shall be at the sole risk of the person so relying.
Although AIOPA has no obligation to do so, AIOPA reserves the right (i) to monitor anything posted to a Message Board or other Communication Services or anything sent via AIOPA WebMail, and (ii) to remove anything which AIOPA considers offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms or for any other reason as Connections deems necessary in its sole and absolute discretion. AIOPA also reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as AIOPA deems necessary to satisfy any disciplinary investigation, applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post, or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, at AIOPAs' sole discretion.
Use of School Work, Interviews, Photographs, and Videos
Users may have the opportunity to provide material for inclusion in Connexus®. This material may include the submission of work samples; participation in clubs; postings on the Message Boards; text or other submissions for newsletters, newspapers, and yearbooks; writing WebMail messages; etc. Users represent that they own and/or control all of the rights to User's own material and that the public use of such material will not violate or infringe on the rights of Connections or any third party.
Users may also have the opportunity to participate in a LiveLesson®. AIOPA cannot guarantee the security of any information disclosed by voice or text in a LiveLesson® session. Any information that a User submits or is captured in a LiveLesson® session may be disclosed and available to all Users and is, therefore, no longer private. Parents or legal guardians are responsible for any information disclosed by their minor children.
LiveLesson® sessions may be recorded and used for instructional and demonstrative purposes. The User, for himself or the User’s minor child, hereby agrees to the recording of LiveLesson® sessions in which the User participates. To the extent a User does not wish to participate in a recorded LiveLesson®, recorded sessions are available to the User to view on demand.